Healthy Fun Snacks for Kids
Making their children eat healthy and complete food has always been a Herculean task for mothers since ages. Various permutations and combinations have been tried but, none with complete success. The problem lies in the fact that children are very fussy when it comes to eating and it’s all the more difficult to make a snack which is not only healthy but appetizing as well. There is a constant tug of war between junk and healthy food.
Listed below are some of the best snacks for children that are healthy, nutritious and keeps their hunger and taste buds at bay.
- A single serving of any kind of fruit in whole fruit form or in the form of juice will give the daily dose of nutrients required. Juice appeals better to the kids because; it is colourful and also served chilled. Fruits like banana, grapes, melon, mangoes, strawberries etc can be given in the form of milk shakes or mixed fruit desert with cream or as a smoothie.
- Yoghurt - Yoghurt is excellent source of calcium that is necessary for bone development. Yoghurt is also available in different flavours that can excite kids, but any day homemade yoghurt is better.
- Cheese - This contains good amount of protein that helps in keeping the energy levels high always. A cube of cheese is sure to make your kid say cheese!
- Peanut butter -This mouth-watering spread contains protein and fibre in abundance. This can be used as a spread in sandwich or a roll and don’t be surprised if your child asks for more.
- Cereal -Inclusion of cereals in snacks helps in providing the kids with good amount of carbohydrates and protein. This helps in providing energy and improved digestion system. This can be mixed with dry fruits and flavoured milk to give it an enriching taste.
- Eggs/Meat - Eggs and meat are rich in protein and also essential fatty acids. They can be prepared in variety of forms and served to kids. They can be stuffed in between sandwiches and rolls.
- Healthy baked foods - Foods baked at home can be healthy as it can be prepared using nutritious substances. Homemade muffins or cakes with a large share of fruits and nuts are a smashing snack. Pizzas made of less cheese are also healthy.
- Vegetables - All kinds of vegetables are good and essential for their development. It can be given in a boiled or steamed form or along with a whole meal making it a perfect and fulfilled meal. Vegetables like tomatoes, cabbage, beans, radish, cauliflower, etc are very good source of vitamins and should be included in every kid’s meal discreetly as they don’t usually fall under the favourite category.
- Dry fruits - Dry fruits help in making the kids stronger and build resistance power. Dry fruits and nuts like almonds, walnut, and raisins should be given to children daily.
Avoid use of any processed or tinned foods. This contains artificial sugar and fats that can lead to obesity. The perfect diet would be a right mixture of carbohydrates, proteins, calcium and vitamins which are available naturally in fruits, vegetables and meat. Homemade foods are not only natural but also retain the nutritional quotient which is necessary for growth and building immunity and energy.
|By: Darshana||4 years ago|
|Good suggestions for every mom thank u|
|By: rafeeque v||5 years ago|