Selecting The Right Diet
What a person eats or drinks all throughout the say is what is referred to as “diet’ this is from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). Today there are many diet programs to choose from like Atkins’s diet, the Zone diet and the South beach diet a lot more. But not every diet is healthy like cutting down to small amount of meals and not starving yourself just to lose weight or worse taking diet pills it might be effective but not for a long time. A healthier way to plan your diet is to include a combination of foods with sufficient calories and nutrients and we should take note of the food that we like and dislike to promote good health.
Considering the appropriate level of calorie is important when you are planning your diet. Take time to think about if the diet you are taking is nutritionally balanced, it is easy to follow and maintain and it is practical. But do not worry about all of this below is an information that will illustrate to you what to seek in a diet.
Low Calorie Diets. A majority of the diets offer 1,000 to 1,500 calories per day. To determine the right of calories for your body you must also know your activity level and weight. Diets are referred to as low-calorie diets at these calorie levels. Low-calorie diet strategy can be read from self-help diet books and non-clinical and clinical weight loss programs.
The allowed weight loss for your calorie level of diet within a week is 1 pound (following the first week or two since the initial water loss; weight loss can be more rapid). You can plan very well your diet to lose 1 pound within a week if you can approximate how numerous calories you eat within a day. It is quite difficult to plan for your own diet so why not consult a qualified dietitian or a qualified health expert. Or if you do not have the budget for it, use a consistent low-calorie diet program with a constant calorie-level.
But a set calorie level might not result to the suggested pace of weight loss and it you might be required to consume more or less.
If you are into a diet make sure that the important nutrients are consumed to promote good health. On most labels of processed foods you can find the Food Guide Pyramid and the Nutrition Facts that can help you have the diet that you desire. The Pyramid shows what kinds of food help you in promoting good health while the Nutritional facts help you choose what the foods that meet your daily dietary needs. A healthy diet should comprise:
- Sufficient minerals and vitamins: To get the vitamins and minerals you want just eat a wide array of the foods indicated in the Food Guide Pyramid. You can take in a mineral or vitamin supplement of you are not able to consume 1,200 calories per day.
- Sufficient protein: A woman whose age is averaging from 25 years and older must have 50 grams of protein each day and for the men who has an age of 25 years and above must get 63 grams of protein per day. Sufficient protein helps a lot in the recovery of body tissues such as skin and teeth and prevents the tissue of muscles from breaking down. Two to three servings from poultry, fish, meat, eggs, nuts, and dry beans group on the Food Guide Pyramid everyday you can get sufficient amount of protein. The foods mentioned above are all a good source of protein.
- Sufficient carbohydrates: To prevent risky fluid imbalances and fatigue an amount of at least 100 grams of carbohydrates per day are required. Examples of food where you can obtain sufficient amounts of carbohydrates are cereal, rice, pasta, bread that is indicated in the Food Guide Pyramid eat at least 6-11 servings.
- Every day fiber intake of 20 to 30 grams: Sufficient amount of fiber helps in the movement of bowel. To get 30 grams of fiber you can eat one cup bran cereal, half cup kidney beans, ½ cup of carrots, medium-sized pear and apple altogether.
- On average, no more than 30 percent of calories from fat per day, with less than 10% of calories from saturated fat like fat from butter, eggs and meat. Restricting yourself to lessen the intake of fats can prevent from heart diseases and may help in reducing weight. The quantity of cholesterol in diet should be lessened also. Animal products such as meat and eggs are the main sources of cholesterol, which is a fat-like stuff. You should be aware of the amount of cholesterol being consumed because you should only consume 300 milligrams of cholesterol per day where in 1 egg has around 215 milligrams of cholesterol, and 3.5 ounces of cooked hamburger has 100 milligrams of cholesterol.
- Water this is one of the important things to include in your diet, drink at least 8-10 glasses , 8 ounces each of water or water-based beverages per day. If you are engaged in physical activities you need to drink water more often.
Different kinds of diet
This type of diet offers all the foods you need to consume. The benefit of this diet is that the foods are already chosen for you in this kind of diet so it is easy to follow. This might be a boring diet along the way because the there is a few different foods choices which might also be hard to maintain away from home which is the downside of this diet. Other disadvantage is that the food selection skills does not show you how to lose weight. If you are a beginner you can start with this kind of diet and from then on you can choose other diet plans if you already got the hang of it or simply got bored so that you learn how to make meal choices on your own.
This type of diet offers a set number of servings from each one of the different food groups. In every food group, the amount of calorie in the food is almost equal and can be exchanged, as you want. Like for example, you can substitute one slice of bread or ½ cup of oatmeal in the “starch” category because they have equal nutritional calories and value. But if your diet calls for 2 starch choices then just double the amount of bran oatmeal and sliced bread. The benefit of having this kind of diet is that you have more food selections, you can simply maintain it even away from home, and not unlike the fixed-type diet you are taught the food preference skills that you need to reduce weight.
As the term implies this diet requires you to buy meals , which are pre-packaged. You can learn more appropriate parts of a meal when you engage in this kind of diet. The main disadvantage of such is that it might be expensive. Before engaging in this type of diet be sure that you know how much will it cost you and where do you need to buy this kind of meal. You should also consider if this kind of diet teaches you to choose and prepare food, which is needed to lose weight in a constant manner.
This type of diet substitutes one or more meals with a liquid formula. A liquid formula is composed of a mix of carbohydrates, protein and a tiny quantity of fat. Formula diets are commonly sold as powder to be combined with liquid or as liquid. As soon as an individual stops using this kind of diet they regain weight but formula diets can help in temporary weight loss and it is easy. Like fixed-type diet this does not train you how to choose foods and maintain weight loss.
In a diet where you are requested to eat a certain food, nutrient or mixture of foods to help in easy weight loss you should avoid this. This might work because they are short in calories but only in a short amount of time. But usually it might not be a well-balanced diet and may result to nutrient deficiencies. This does not also train you how to choose your foods and maintain weight loss.
An individual can make choices on the number of food eaten and what type and monitoring calories only, fat only or a grouping of two this is what some books and programs suggest. This kind of diet is beneficial to many because it helps them control and choose the food they eat. But there is a downside of this diet like for instance while it suggests that they monitor fat only the individual tends to take in extra amount of carbohydrates from sugars, which obstruct weight loss.
In selecting an eating plan make sure that you choose something that is suitable for you. The diet should also train you how to maintain weight loss, choose your food and how to prepare them because bear in mind that many people have a tendency to regain their lost weight. To prevent weight regain always maintain a healthy diet joint with regular physical activity.
|By: Amber||7 years ago|